Want to Join NOW? You're Invited!
Click the Link
Why Join the Knights of Columbus?
If you’re interested in helping those in need, serving your parish, growing in your faith or having exclusive access to top-rated insurance protection for your family, then the Knights of Columbus is the organization for you.
Becoming a Knight of Columbus can transform your life. As a Knight, you have the opportunity to support your parish, give back to your community, grow in your faith and gain exclusive access to our top-rated insurance program to protect your family.
These are just some of the reasons to become a Knight.
We are a band of brothers, a network of men in communities around the world dedicated to doing good in the service of God and our neighbor.
What we provide
• Support the parish with its needs
• Help meet the needs of those in the local community
• Provide “Coats for Kids” and “Food for Families”
• Support programs that benefit people with intellectual disabilities
• Aid victims of natural disasters and other catastrophic events, local and worldwide
• Donate wheelchairs to people without mobility at home and abroad
• Save lives through initiatives such as the “Ultrasound Program”
• Charity is the first principle of the Knights of Columbus. Knights are men who get things done. We volunteer our time to serve our parishes and our communities. And by working together, we were able to donate more than $1.7 billion and 707 million volunteer hours to worthy causes in the past decade.
• A unique “band of brothers”
• Shared values and the support to live out our Catholic faith more fully
• The ability for our network to accomplish things together that we could not accomplish alone
• Unity and Fraternity are the second and third principles of the Knights of Columbus. The Knights of Columbus was founded so that men could work together to serve their parishes and communities, protect the well being of their Catholic families, and support each other in faith and in many other ways along life’s journey. The Knights of Columbus offers its members the opportunity to grow in their faith through living the example of a charity that evangelizes and personifying what it means to be a Catholic gentleman through the practicing of good works.
• Exclusive access to our top-rated life insurance products, available only to members and their families
• Your insurance agent is a Knight dedicated to helping his brother Knights protect their families
• As a Knight, you and your family have exclusive access to our top quality insurance products. In fact, no insurer in North America is more highly rated than the Knights of Columbus. As an organization founded to protect the well being of Catholic families, we have continued to take that mission seriously for more than 130 years. Generations of Catholics have counted on the Knights of Columbus, and in an increasingly turbulent world, you can trust the Knights of Columbus to affordably and securely protect the future of your loved ones and to be there when you need us most.
For 130 years the Knights of Columbus has provided all of the opportunities in this brochure and more for its members.
The Knights of Columbus is not just a fraternity in name. It is a brotherhood of Catholic men who each play a part in improving the world around them, one community at a time. They stand together in faith, dedicated to uphold the principles they cherish while lending their support and strength to parish, home and fellow Knight.
From charity for worldwide causes, to helping closer to home with volunteer activities, to a top-rated insurance program that protects those closest to you, the Knights makes the most of its brotherhood.
Make a stand among them, and you can discover how easy it is to make a difference in your life and that of others.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Columbia Magazine- Free subscription to the Order’s award-winning magazine examining issues of concern to Knights, Catholics and families
Knights of Columbus rosary- Blessed by the supreme chaplain, presented during the Admission Degree to each new member
Daily Mass of Remembrance at St. Mary’s Church- Mass for deceased members and their wives at the birthplace of the Order
Insurance- Access to a portfolio of top-quality life insurance, long-term care and annuity products exclusive for members and their families
Family Fraternal Benefit- For eligible families: a) pays $1,500 for the child who dies before the age of 61 days; b) pays $750 for the child who is stillborn at least 20 weeks after conception; c) offers guaranteed-issue insurance - up to $5,000 - to any child under age 18
Orphan Benefit- $80 monthly allotment for orphans of eligible families; up to $7,000 in college scholarships available Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit - Accidental death coverage for member and spouse at no cost
Widow Benefits- a) continues to be covered under the Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit; b) may purchase life insurance, long-term care insurance or annuities up to one year after insured member’s death; c) receives a free lifetime subscription to Columbia; d) eligible with her children for scholarships, student loans, etc.
Scholarships- Scholarship programs for higher education available to members, their spouses and children
Leadership Development- Opportunity to build personal leadership skills, public speaking ability, organizational skills, etc.
Fourth Degree- Eligibility to join the Patriotic Degree
Honorary Life Membership- At age 70 with 25 years of membership
Membership Card- Entitles participation in all Catholic, fraternal and social activities in member’s council and also in over 15,000 councils throughout the world
How to Join
Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to practicing Catholic men in union with the Holy See, who are at least 18 years old. A practicing Catholic is one who lives up to the Commandments of God and the precepts of the Church. Application Blanks are available from any member of the Knights of Columbus.
Contact the Knights to learn more about the organization by emailing our Membership Director using our website Contact Us Page or the Grand Knight at email@example.com or